The vast majority of the PDFs we use every day are copies of official documents linked to our jobs, such as letters, transcripts, and report cards. It’s important to note that neither Windows nor macOS officially supports any PDF editors.
The best way to modify and/or copy text from a scanned PDF and why it’s not possible with the default settings. Have no fear. I’ll show you how to use UPDF – PDF editor to turn a scanned PDF into editable text.
Optical character recognition (OCR) is a technique that can read text from scanned paper documents or other digital images of physical media, such as a book or newspaper.
To put it simply, optical character recognition (OCR) is the process of reading printed text and converting it into machine-readable form. Optical character recognition (OCR) is sometimes known as text recognition.
A mix of hardware and software, optical character recognition (OCR) systems take images of paper documents and transform them into digital text that computers can read. Copies and reads are performed by hardware like an optical scanner or circuit board while the complex processing is handled by software.
With OCR, the scan is converted into text by analyzing the unique light and dark patterns that make up the letters and numbers. When an OCR system has to identify text in a typeface other than the default, it applies rules to assist it to determine which letters or numbers it is looking at.
Some modern OCR systems can even recognize people’s handwriting, whereas older ones could only function with a single typeface built specifically for the task. Intelligent character recognition is the name given to this method of data processing.
In order to get the most accurate results from OCR, you should scan the page as clearly as possible. Mistakes might be made due to blurred text or blemishes on the copy.
Character by character, OCR systems recognize the text, but the result is so quick it’s almost immediate. Some apps even perform error checking for you automatically, whether you do it periodically or at the end of the process.
UPDF is a one-of-a-kind PDF editor that works on any system, from macOS and Windows to iOS and Android. Here, we’ll introduce you to UPDF’s desktop version and explain its most useful functions. Moreover, the greatest thing is that all of these features come at a reasonable cost. Just incredible, right? Okay, let’s go right in.
To turn your scanned PDF into UPDF, click the “Open File” button on the main menu.
Choosing “Word” as the export format after selecting the “Export PDF” option on the right toolbar is all it takes to convert a scanned PDF into a Word document.
OCR can be enabled by selecting the “Text Recognition Settings” button at the top of the window. Choose the language you want to use for the entire text. If you’re only interested in converting a portion of your scanned PDFs, you may choose a page range to work with.
After making those changes, you’ll need to export the file using the “Export” button at the very bottom. The newly produced DOCX file will be shown on your screen after being saved to the location you specified; from here, you may edit it in Microsoft Word.
The following are some of the most popular and basic features of UPDF:
- Read PDFs: UPDF’s main functions are to read and edit PDF. Any part of your PDF file, including text and images, may be read and edited.
- Annotate PDFs: Annotating PDFs is an excellent method to add your own unique comments or remarks to a document without changing the original text. Just open the PDF in UPDF and use the “Annotate” button to get started.
- Convert PDFs: If you need to make changes to a PDF or share it with someone who doesn’t have a PDF reader, you may do it by converting the file to another format, such as Microsoft Word or Excel. The “Convert” button is available when a PDF is opened in UPDF.
- Protect PDF: If you don’t want other people to be able to open, print, or copy your PDF, you can put a password on it. Start up UPDF and look for the “Protect” button to secure the file.
- Sign PDF: UPDF gives you the ability to digitally sign your PDF documents, which is really useful in today’s environment when everything is done online. You’ll be able to put your name on them, and sending them over to associates shouldn’t be a problem.
- Manage PDF Pages: Page Management allows you to easily organize PDF files. UPDF allows you to change the order of PDF pages. You may modify the document by adding, removing, replacing and rotating PDF pages. PDF’s Split PDF feature makes it easy to make multiple files from a single PDF, while the format’s Page Setup feature lets you reorder pages inside a PDF. In addition, you have the option of including a range in your files.
- Compatibility with Android, macOS, iOS, and Windows.
- 24/7 customer support.
- New features with regular updates.
- Fast, reliable, and secure.
- Highly affordable with a free basic version.
A PDF converter is required to convert a scanned PDF into a PDF that can be edited. Conversion tools exist on the internet, but most are unreliable and even dangerous.
A leak of your personal information is possible over the internet. As a result, UPDF is the one we always recommend. It works flawlessly on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android and is totally offline.