New Zealand provides its tourists with an extensive natural landscape, wildlife, and fantastic holidays. From exceptional wildlife, rainforest, mountain peaks, rainforests to great food and cultural history, it is no wonder that tourists are drawn to visiting New Zealand.
New Zealand offers visa-exemption to Japanese citizens. However, they need New Zealand eTA as a travel requirement. The NZeta (Electronic Travel Authority for New Zealand) provides great benefits to Japanese citizens, such as the ease of the application process from the comfort of their own homes.
Let’s check out the requirements.
New Zealand eTA Requirements for Japanese Citizens
To apply for a NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR JAPANESE CITIZENS, the applicant requires some documents to use. The requirements are very basic. Here is what the applicant needs to provide when applying for the NZeTA:
- Passport Number: Japanese citizens who want to apply for NZeTA need a valid passport. The validity requirement is at least three months from the departure date from New Zealand.
- Payment: The applicant pays for the NZeTA during the application process through the debit card or credit card or via PayPal.
- Email: After approval, the visa is sent to the applicant’s email address. It is advised to print an extra photocopy of the emailed visa as well.
- Criminal Record: The applicant needs to disclose the information if ever convicted of a felony or spent the time in prison.
- Means of Sustenance: The applicant has to provide the evidence that once arrived in New Zealand, one can support him/herself during the trip. It would be enough to submit the bank account statement.
- Return Flight Tickets: The passengers are asked to show the return flight tickets when they arrive at the airport. If you do not have one, you have to show that you have the financial possibility to get one.
Application Process of NZeTA for Japanese Citizens
Japanese citizens can easily apply for a visa to New Zealand. The application is simple to fill out. The following are the steps to complete the NZ eTA application form.
- The first step is to provide personal information. The processing of the eTA is incredibly easy, as it takes only 15 minutes to process.
- The next step is about payment and application revision. Before the final submission, make sure that you have correctly entered the required information. Otherwise, the NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR MEXICAN CITIZENS application will not be accepted, or it can prolong the application process.
- Then in the last, upload the required documents. You have to prepare all the documents needed before application submission.
- Once done, click the submit button. The concerned authority will receive your NZ eTA application, and you will get your NZ eTA in the given timeframe.
New Zealand visa for Japanese citizens allows for 90 consecutive days, and the validity of the NZ eTA document is two years after its issuance. The applicant has to submit a visa application again to stay longer than the said limit.